|Apple & Nuts Oatmeal|
I really wanted to pick up some groceries before heading back home, but decided not to because it started raining. I forgot how empty my refrigerator was, and wished I hadn't been so lazy. The few items that I had on hand were some brown lentils, sweet potato, garlic, onions, green pepper, frozen minced lamb and a can of diced tomato. What would you have done if you only had these ingredients? For me, Lentils & Lamb Soup was the answer. It was more of a random mix & match of the ingredients, but I was really surprised by how tasty it was! Absolutely delicious!
Of course, before cooking dinner, I managed to fit in the following workout:
- 25 mins stairmaster
- 20 mins elliptical machine
- 2* 60s plank
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Minced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 250 g Minced Lamb
- 1 Sweet Potato (Diced)
- 1 Can Diced Tomato (400g)
- 1/2 Cup Lentils
- 3 Cups of Beef Stock (I used stock cubes dissolved in water)
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Chili flakes + Cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot, and add onion & garlic. Stir for 3 to 4 mins until onion is softened.
- Add minced lamb into pot and stir until lamb is browned.
- Add diced tomato, sweet potato, lentils, and beef stock and bring to boil.
- Add thyme, oregano and bay leaves and continue boiling for 20 mins.
- During the last 5 mins, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with grated cheese & chili flakes. (J had grated cheese & chili in his, but I had mine without the cheese since I am dairy intolerant)
|This could become my favourite dark chocolate!|
Ahhh... home sweet home, food sweet food :)