As some of you may know, I am a big fan of nut butters, and peanut butter is one the many things that I adore. Today, I shamelessly professed my love for peanut butter by making these Peanut Butter & Choc Oatmeal Balls. This my favorite peanut butter treat; they are the perfect on-the-go snack, and I carry one of these balls around almost all the time.
Here are some fun facts about peanut butter that I find intriguing:
- Elvis Presley's favorite food is fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (I don't think I'd try this)
- The phobia of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth is called arachibutyrophobia.
- Peanut butter helps to remove chewing gum from clothing and hair.
- In Netherlands, peanut butter us called pindakass (peanut cheese). The word 'butter' was protected by the Dutch government when peanut butter first entered the country, so the word 'cheese' used as a substitute.
- Adults actually eat more peanut butter than kids even though peanut butter is considered a kids' food.
- While Americans prefer peanut butter, Europeans like nutella more. I'm not sure about Aussies. Do Aussies prefer vegemite, peanut butter or nutella?
1/2 cup rolled oats (or GF oats)
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or any other dried fruits)
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
2.5 tbsp brown rice syrup (or honey)
1 tsp vanilla extract
45g dark chocolate (or dairy free chocolate)
- Combine rolled oats and dried cranberries in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl, combine peanut butter, vanilla extract and brown rice syrup; microwave on high for 45 sec.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the bowl of rolled oats and mix well, using either a spoon or your hands; roll the mixture into balls and place it on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place it in a hot water bath; stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
- Coat the balls with melted butter, and leave it on the parchment paper to allow the chocolate coating to harden. Store in refrigerator, or eat it immediately. Enjoy!
|I like chunky peanut butter:)|
Are you a peanut butter lover? What is your favorite peanut butter treat?