Running in the rain has been something that I have been avoiding for the longest time. I imagined it to be an uncomfortable experience, and told myself that it is something I will never do; it's just impossible. However, when you realize that something is standing between you and your goal, you know you will eventually need to conquer that obstacle.
It has been a rainy and wet summer in Melbourne, and today was yet another one of those days. I was scheduled for a long run, and I didn't want to miss this run just because it's raining. I contemplated doing this run on the treadmill, but finally decided to step out of my comfort zone, and ran in the rain. Here are some thoughts and on my experience:
- Running in the rain is a refreshing and fun experience. :)
- It is not as bad as I imagined it to be.
- It is more challenging than usual, but the sense of satisfaction is even greater.
- It makes me feel like a little girl playing in the rain again.
- I am more aware of my surroundings.
- The warm shower after the run has never felt better.
- I no longer have to run on treadmills when it is raining outside, because I have now learnt to run in the rain.
Have you ran in the rain before? Do you like it?